Terms not loading (response to blog discussion)

Mar 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Yes, the site columns are in the root. The site collection url is at http://root/sites/sitecollection.

 

Thanks!

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Having the same issue. Just getting a spinning loading option. Suspect there is still something awry with the code. It failed with errors when I had used site column at the local site level, which was suggested to have been fixed. I dropped those columns and created a new one at the parent site, which is the root of the web application and the main site collection. Posted those to the lists and libraries, now I get the wonderful gears spinning forever.

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:00 AM

I just tested this script out again on a site collection at root/sites/sitecol. It worked great.

Make sure there are no other references to jquery on your page.

do a quick test, on line 96 of the file, add alert("SUCCESS");

if(Status == "success")
 {
  alert("SUCCESS");
  terms = new Array();
 

and see if this pops up on you. If it made it this far, that's a good sign. You may want to throw alerts throughout to find out when it stops working. Alternatively, if you're familiar with the IE Dev Toolbox and script debugger you could try that.

If you're getting an error, please share!

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Thanks to @MissC in testing out Stefan's DWP which worked. 

I compared his to mine and I think I narrowed down the issue to lines 129 and/or 136-139. I'm guessing I'm referencing elements that my XML output has which yours may not. You could try by commenting out these lines and see what you get (I think the links won't work but you should get a list of values)

I am working on finding another server to test this out on and resolve. I'll let you know.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I received another update, try commenting out the console.log lines, IE8/9 may be erroring on that. To comment it out, put // in front of the line. If that works, let me know and I'll update the script. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Hi David,

I also experienced the problem that the code would keep loading in IE (9 and 10), but worked in Chrome and FireFox. After searching for days I've found a article on the internet which did it for me. It seems that IE doesn't work well with the compressed version of JQuery, which ends with .min.js. When I replaced it with the uncompressed version (ending with just .js) and changed the reference to it in your TXT file, things started working in IE 9 and 10 as well.
In addition: the console.log lines need to be commented out, otherwise it's still not working!

I found this problem by running the developer console in IE and search for script errors. The error I received stated: SCRIPT450: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment - jquery.min.js, line 1 character 30198

The article which gave me the answer can be found http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/13328

Hope this help for other people!