Request failed. Column 'Environment' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. undefined

Apr 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Hello, I'm exploring your feature as a way to filter a "dashboard" to show items from various lists for a selected environment (dev, test, prod).

I suspect my issue is related to scopes. I've created a test site for my testing, and everything's in that, meaning scripts, terms, content types, etc.

I made a content type called "Windows Service". It's got a managed attribute called Environment, which is bound to a Term Set with the three enums.

I made a list of type "Windows Service" and added a test entry with Environment set to "dev". I'm displaying that list on my page and it does show correctly.

I added the sccripts and get the above message. Could this be looking for the term set from the root and not finding it because it's in the local site? If so, i there a tweak I can make to get this to work? We have a shared SP environment and I'd never want term storage at the global level anyway. At a minimum I'd want them a bump or two up at our team's site.

Thank you!

Apr 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I identified an issue today, thanks to @MissC. Can you try the original one by Stefan, http://www.n8d.at/blog/sharepoint-2010/retrieve-managed-metadata-using-javascript-and-spservices/, and see if you get the list of items to show? 

May 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Edited May 1, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Thank you for helping, David. Hopefully I understood your suggestion correctly. I downloaded the mentioned web part for color and renamed the term set it was looking for to "Environment" and uploaded the web part. I get the same message. Again, I'm guessing it's related to the scope of where this term set is stored. I'll keep experimenting. This is all new to me, so it's a struggle.

Actually .. I take that back. The message was from the original code. I just removed it and re-added the web part, but get nothing. I'll continue to try to figure it out. I'm probably being stupid, not understanding how to add the web part. I uploaded it, but I'm not sure if it's being inserted or if I now need to find the uploaded web part to add it to the page ...