Error: Column 'Bundes Laender' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. undefined

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Hi,

I have installed configured the "FilterPagebyMetadat" with jquery.SPServices-0.7.2.min.js & jquery-1.9.0.js.

I have configured the metadatacolumn (var metaFieldName = "Bundes Laender";)

I have created the Content Editor web part on the same page as the Web part containing my document library.
But I am getting a "Column 'Bundes Laender' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. undefined" error :-(

How can I fix this?

Thanks
Apr 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM
When do you receive the error? Can you share a screen shot?
Apr 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM
The error appears when the page loads.

screen shot: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=7A5124258EAE3754!400&authkey=!AAbGfkDkY1gX7d0

Thanks
Apr 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
And this column is a site column right? I'm working on testing out the code and determining where the error may occur.
Apr 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Edited Apr 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM
It was only a managed metadata but not a site column.
I created a site column based on managed metadata.

It works with Google chrome 25 & firefox 19 but not with IE 9 where it keeps showing "loading your terms" :-(
Apr 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I am able to recreate the issue on my end. Might be related to the newer version of jQuery. Troubleshooting now. I'll let you know.
Apr 10, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Dumbing down jQuery to v1.7.2 works. Can you confirm on your side? Not a solution, but a possible workaround. I'm connecting with some colleagues to see how to handle this better for 1.9.0.
Apr 10, 2013 at 6:02 PM
It appears up to v1.8.3 works
Apr 10, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Looks like v1.9.1 of jQuery works properly. PLEASE try this version, let me know.
Apr 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM
nope :-(

I tried with jquery 1.7.2; 1.8.3 & 1.9.1 without succes on IE 9.0
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Try the latest version. I saw the same issue on my IE9 (sorry, I was using IE10 before). I think I have the fix in place. Let me know.
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Still not working. Anyway, I won't use your solution because I need to filter on 2 levels. I will thereofre use the managed metadata

Thanks anyway :-)
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Ah, ok. Wish I could help out more. Good luck!
Apr 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM
For anyone who is also running into above problem: I had the same issue with IE9 and for me was the issue that I used jquery-1.9.1.min.js. When I changed this to jquery-1.9.1.js (also downloaded this version ofcourse) it started working for me. Apparently IE9 has some trouble with compressed JQuery, although it doesn't seem to be a conflict for the jquery.SPServices-0.7.2.min.js.

Hope it helps.